Friday, September 12, 2008

Today

My Mom used to observe the weather, and sometimes say, "This is a Colorado morning." Which meant it was sunny, and warm or cool, with low humidity.

I looked out this morning and thought..."This is a Seattle morning." Drizzle with pleasant temperature. Now is has gotten a little lighter outside, so maybe it's not a "Seattle afternoon".

One day I was driving down a familiar street in Seattle, when I noticed something was strange... I had my drivers window slightly opened, and all of a sudden realized I didn't hear the normal "tires-on-wet-streets" sound. The streets were dry! It was that same year I got one of the worst sunburns I've ever had. The sun came out one day in June, (their one day of summer) so I decided to get a sun tan...in no time I was burnt to a crisp, due to the clear atmosphere and my skin having not seeing the sun since I had left Kansas...not to mention the lack of sunblock.

The big thing here at the house today was the sump pump running constantly...now it runs a lot when it's raining, but it didn't quit. My diagnosis was a stuck float, and as I grabbed a hammer and starting for the basement door, the phone rang...it was my handyman with a bid on replacing the rotten wood on our front porch. So I asked him if he had time to run over and look at the sump pump. With in 15 minutes he was here. In the mean time I had gone to the basement and unplugged the stuck sump pump and let the back-up pump take over so as to not let the stuck one overheat and burn up.

I decided to have him put up the ceiling fan I had bought for "Amanda's Room" ( I need to rename that room now that she's married and gone from here) And I'm going to have him replace the fan in our room, as I don't like how this one "wobbles"...so now I need to run out and buy the second fan...

Gotta go...

No comments: