Saturday, September 20, 2008

AWOL

I've been "missing in action"...that's because I had very little action this week...aside from going to Zach's (Greg's oldest child) foot ball game, and over to Jim and JoAn's for a picnic on their deck afterward, I did very little that was of interest.

I was flattered when one of my blog readers (and maybe the only one, who knows for sure) emailed me to check on me since I hadn't blogged all week.

My energy was at it's best on Monday and Tuesday when my computer was down...I think my cleaning lady must have unplugged the extension cord running to my router and modem, as it happened when she was cleaning in that room. Of course when she plugged it back in, it wasn't done in sequence, so I lost my Internet connection...I'll have to put a note on the outlet to the effect it's not to be unplugged.

So anyway, this has been a "low energy" week...although I've accomplished a few things, it seems more like I've just sort of stood by and watched the week disappear...and here it is Saturday morning...I'm going to give Molly (Carin Terrier) a bath this morning, then shower and go to the farmers market.

Nora (Greg's middle child) has a soccer game at 1:00, after which, her other grandma, JoAn and I plan to go to Cider Days, a fun fall festival held each year at Expo-Center here.

The above spelling of JoAn is really Joan, but she spells it that way so people will pronounce it right...it also helps in writing, as we do a lot of things together, and it helps keep it straight, as to who I'm referring to when I write about what we do...not to mention that is would sound really funny if someone would read "Joan and I went to..." It could be construed as I had multiple personalities". ;-)

I did manage to go out into my back yard and "dead-head" the roses and work on the butterfly bushes. It seemed to get me back in touch with the yard, which got waaay out of control the two weeks we were gone to Colorado...and the week after when it was cold and rainy. That will be my prime objective for this coming week...to uncover the flower beds from the weeds.


OK...so now I must execute my plan for the day.

I'll try to not go AWOL for so long again.


No comments: