Monday, September 22, 2008

Grandkid Story...

OK...I can't help it...after all, I AM a grandma...

In cleaning out my van, after hauling grandkids, I picked up a piece of paper with a lot of drawing and writing on it...I knew it had to belong to Nora, who at that time was a 10 year old.

She and her friend had been drawing house plans and creating families.

On one side of the paper were the house plans with names in each bedroom, on the other side, each family member was named with their age.

I had to take a second look to make sure...then turn the page over for verification...

The family teenager's name was Logon... as in Log on. I'm sure she meant Logan, but in this computer literate generation, she became a bit confused.

Of course I have many mannnnny grandkid stories, as any grandma has...I'll try to refrain from turning this into a grandkid appreciation blog...but maybe that wouldn't be so bad...after all, Art Linkletter seemed to do OK appreciating what kids said. (now I've dated myself)

I've just decided to give one grandkid story each post...you know they do like hearing about the cute things they said and/or did.

Today was good...We managed to get in a mile walk with our friends, Sandy and Walt. Then I had them and Donna over for left-overs before "small group". Sandy brought pumpkin bread for desert. Yum!

It's waaaaay past my bed time again...I have a number of things to do tomorrow, so I'm signing off...





No comments: