Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hello Cyberworld!

So OK...I've been inspired to "blog" by my granddaughter, Becca,who recently spent a couple of months in Alaska on an internship. I so enjoyed hearing what she was doing, and in her special way of delivery...I wish all my grandchildren and friends would "blog", so I could keep up with what's going on in their lives.

I won't have nearly the excitement in my life...in fact, at my age, too much excitement could be detrimental.

Right now I'm setting in my kitchen, a handyman is fixing a number of things around the house, the sun is shinning brightly, my musical clocks, one in the living room and one on the sun porch, have just announced another hour has passed by. Right now, that passing hour means another $40 to the handyman, but that's OK with me, as I feel he was cheap at twice the price...after having some other repairmen here for other problems.

Molly, our Carin Terrier has just announce to me it's time to take a trip to the back yard...I'm glad she did that...too often she doesn't say anything, and if Itty Bit, our Chihuahua, doesn't get the urge, I may have clean up duty.

Back to my reason for blogging...Becca was the first inspiration, but then I found out my friend Sharon had a blog...she is always interesting to read...then I found a distant cousin, through my genealogy work...actually, her mother found me...anyway I enjoy her blog...she is a glass bead maker, and has been for years, and makes little glass bead people and mermaids...she is sooo talented!

What am I doing here in the kitchen??? I'm moving to the sun porch...

...aah! Much better. From here I see a large yellow butterfly fluttering around on the second level of my back yard...wonder if he'll find my butterfly bushes...If he does, I'll have to grab my camera and get a picture. My butterfly bushes are bait for my camera.

Earlier this year I saw some volunteer sunflowers come up in one of my flower beds...I had been feeding the birds on the rock retaining wall, and some had sprouted...I expected sunflowers with huge flowers on them, but instead, got wild sunflowers who's tops are above the eves of the house...guess someone slipped some wild sunflower seed into my thistle birdseed...anyway, they are filled with bright yellow flowers, and look especially cheerie as the sun bounces off them today...

...today is Wendell's (my husband) 74th birthday. His daughter had some snack goodies delivered from the local grocery store in a basket with balloons tied to the handle. I got him some pretty glass hummingbird feeders...it's too late to hang them outside this year, so I'll hang them in the sun porch and put them outside next spring.

Guess that's all for now...I need to handle the mail that came here during the last two weeks when we were in Colorado...Love Colorado, especially around Estes Park...actually, where ever I am in the mountains is a treat.

Gotta fix lunch...

1 comment:

iluv2worship said...

I would love to read your blog, Joan! I think blogging is an amzing way to fill everybody in on the happenings of life! I was just doing a little Burris genealogy...when I noticed your email...so I decided to check out your first entry! Very nice! Blessings to you!