Friday, September 10, 2010

September...

At the ripe old age of 67, almost 68, I am a great grandmother...Instead of signing my emails to my grand kids, "G'ma J", I can now sign them "Gr. G'ma J". My oldest grand daughter gave birth to a little girl on Sept. 8...another Sept. birthday...Grandson#4 is on the 2nd, Grandson #1 is on the 10th, and Grand daughter #1 is the 28th. I have a great niece on the 9, as is my husband's and his best friend's.

My friend and I have been going strong on the beads. We're going to have a "private showing"...in other words...anyone we can drag in here to look at, and possibly buy the jewelry I make from the beads. It really speeds me up to have Sandy do all the "dirty work"...that would be anything other than making the beads and the jewelry. She says, "I work for beads." I think I'm going to buy a plain canvas bag, stencil "I work for beads" on it and give it to her with several sets of beads in it...maybe for Christmas. I used to do some stenciling... hummm... wonder where my "stuff" is.

This was a really busy week. It was my team's turn to cook at church on Wednesday. We had baked potatoes, meatloaf, corn on the cob and angel food cake with triple berries and whipped cream. Yum. Everyone seemed to like it...except the last two through the line...we were told to prepare for 45, we prepared for 48 and ran two short...usually I run long, but not this time. = (

In preparation for Wendell's and Walt's birthday dinner, I made BBQ meatballs on Monday and froze them. On Tuesday, I made the potato salad and the 3 bean salad that has turned into 6 bean salad. Then Thursday morning I made my "World Famous Butterhorn Rolls". = ) I'm not sure exactly what I did all day long on Thursday, but I was busy the entire day getting ready, which was kind of funny, as I thought I was all ready after I got the rolls done. Just little details I guess. Oh yes...I made layered salad too. Sandy got here about 11:00 to help out. There were 15 of us. It was a fun time. I slept a lot today. = )

OK...my allotted time is up...I need to put 2 weeks of pills into boxes before I go to bed.

Later...

No comments: