Monday, July 23, 2012

The Saga of Getting a House Ready to Sell.

Wow! I haven't posted since December! It seems as Wendell is now a permanent resident of Assisted Living. I go to see him almost every day, unless, like Saturday, I had an out of town jewelry show. It was good. I've teamed up with one of my friends who does pottery and her husband makes hand-turned pen barrels. We had a good day until we tried to start home and got a vapor lock in the gas line. AAA delivered us home about 9:30 PM. I've been busy...I'm still in the original house...Have been camped out here since November, when I thought I was moving. Now things are really a mess. Three storage units later, the house is still what would be considered fully furnished. All of my pictures (a lot of pictures) are stored in my daughter's spare room. A couple of weeks ago I was talked into renovating the interior of the house, since it hadn't sold. Still having the original wallpaper, etc., it really did need to be updated after 20 years...I was just hopeing someone would love the victorian look and would buy it without having to invest in the renovation...wrong again! So now we're in the middle of wallpaper down...painting going on...light fixtures and kitchen cupboard door pulls being changed. Everything brass must go...guess what was in style 20 years ago...yes...brass! I have been beat back into the utility room...all my current jewelry making stuff, computers, current paper work...my life. With all the packing up in November, I lost some of my bead making tools...you know, the necessary ones, like my didium plated glasses and the mandrels I make the beads on. So finally I ordered more. In fact, it's been quite the challenge to keep all my bead and jewelry making "stuff" from getting packed away. Every once in a while I have to retrieve a tub of stuff I'm trying desperately to keep track of. What I want to know is...why can't I end a sentence with a preposition? Who made up that rule anyway? Are they dead yet? OK...my break is over. I must get back to packing up the utility room. I have reserved a corner in one of the storage units for my very important stuff, and that's where it's headed. (I will be soooo glad when this is over and I can get settled in somewhere!)

No comments: