Saturday, January 30, 2010

An evening at home.

Is tonight a good night to write??? We'll see.

Normally I write when I am totally alone. Right now I'm setting in front of the television, my husband on my left, and my dog tucked in tightly next to my right leg...The dog I speak of is itty bit...I don't capitalize her name as she is to small to capitalize...she's a chihuahua. When she came to live with us, her name was Libby. She had belonged to my great niece, but being a college student with a job and a social life, she didn't feel she was able to do justice to the little dog, so went in search of a home for Libby. We were the third choice. At the time we had three other small dogs, but we decided she wouldn't eat much, so we took her on a week trial to see how everyone got along...The rest is history. That was five years ago this month. My how time flyes.

My bead business is on hold again. My heaters on the sun porch just can't keep up with the cold...especially if the wind is blowing. There were two days I could have worked out there, but unfortunately, I had "other plans" already in the works. (would I like a little cheese with my whine?) = )

The other night we were invited over to friends for crab legs and shrimp. We also had gingered rice and broccoli. YUM! Afterward, they invited us to stay and watch a "pay-per-view" movie on TV...a first for me...we have the service, have just never used it. We watched Julie & Julia. I especially enjoyed the cooking, the blogging and fact both Julie and Julia had good relationships with their husbands. The way Meryl Streep emulated Julia was incredible...she had her mannerisms down pat. I always enjoy Amy Adams. In my estimation, she is a young Meryl Streep, who I refer to as a chameleon actress...she becomes whoever she is playing...unlike John Wayne, who always played John Wayne and adapted the part to him. (no offense intended)

Well, I'm going to have to give it up as there's too much competition for my attention...I'll do better next time.

No comments: